Today I had the luxury of taking a “me” day. A day spent alone in the house with just me and my pup, Lou. Owen was off at daycare and Matt was at work today. I had an appointment in the morning and had the rest of the day to do whatever I wanted. I decided that I was going to spend some of the day cooking and baking freezer friendly meals and snacks.
These yummy grain-free pumpkin spice muffins was on the top of my list. I wanted to have something ready that would be freezer friendly and something I could grab for a quick snack or breakfast.
I found this recipe off of the website Dashing Dish, one that I visit regularly. I love the yummy recipes that the Founder, Katie, shares and I love that there is a Christian focus throughout the site. I found this site four years ago and it just keeps getting better and better. I highly recommend checking it out! Now, without further ado, here’s the recipe.
- 3/4 cup Coconut flour
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened almond milk or low fat milk of choice — (I used skim milk)
- 6 large Eggs (OR 1 1/2 cup carton egg whites)
- 3/4 cup Baking stevia OR 1 1/2 cup sweetener that measures like sugar (or to taste)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Apple cider vinegar (or lemon juice)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray, or line with parchment or silicone liners (and spray with cooking spray).
- In a medium bowl, mix everything until it is well combined. Divide mixture between 12 muffin tins.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Recipe provided by: Dashing Dish
I give these muffins 3.5 stars out of 5. The texture of these muffins are a bit different, as you use coconut flour, but the flavor is fantastic. I doubled the batch and got 24 muffins from the recipe. I froze about 18 of them. These muffins are gluten free, grain free, dairy free, nut free, and have no sugar added, so you can feel good about eating one, or maybe three. 🙂 I definitely recommend these as a healthy alternative. These are also fabulous for anyone who has any kind of food sensitivity! I hope you enjoy them 🙂 If you give them a try, please comment below and let us know how you like them!