I can’t believe that it’s almost July! Where does the time go? Too fast if you ask me. Now that I’m settling into my “new normal” the boys are going to be staying home with me a couple of days a week at least through the summer. I’m really looking forward to spending more time with them, but I know that I’ll need to keep them busy. In all hopes of being intentional, I thought that I would put together my top 10 list for the summer!
Summer in the Twin Cities is why we live in Minnesota, right? It was actually hard to narrow down this list to only 10, which makes me feel incredibly lucky! I would love to hear ones that I’m missing from your list! Please share in the comments!
Top 10 Kid-Friendly Twin Cities Bucket List (in no particular order):
- Visit Lake Harriet and take a train ride!
- Visit the Nicollet Commons splash pad.
- Spend a lazy afternoon walking up and down Grand Avenue – topping the afternoon off at the Grand Ole Creamery!
- Go to the Dakota County fair.
- Spend a rainy afternoon at Nickelodeon Universe!
- Go to Como Zoo and visit Como Town!
- Spend a day wandering the Dodge Nature Center.
- Spend a rainy afternoon at the Children’s Museum.
- Have a picnic and go for a hike at Lebanon Hills.
- Visit Centennial Lakes and play a round of mini golf.
- Bonus (outside the Twin Cities): Visit Grand View Lodge 🙂
I hope this helped to inspire some ideas for your summer bucket list. Please share what’s on yours!
Blessings to you and your family,
Three items I’m grateful for:
- Sunshine until 9 p.m.
- Delicious ice coffee on a hot summer day.
- Spending time walking all of the beautiful lakes in the Twin Cities