As Laura and I both embark on our new journeys with two children at home, we wanted to put together a list of products that we wish we would have either known about our first time around or simply just items we can’t live without! These items also make great gifts! Sometimes moms may not even know what they need until they don’t have it.
Most of these items can be found at your local Target, Walmart, Babies “R” Us, or of course online at Amazon. We hope you find these helpful!
Our Top Ten Must Have Products:
- Hands Free Bra: Not sure how we survived our first pregnancies without! Whether you are an exclusive pumper or breastfeed, having a hands free bra is essential not only at work, but anytime!
- Medela Bottle Soap: Can be found at Target with the pumping accessories. This allows you to throw all your bottles in one tub/sink at the end of the day and fill with this soap so you don’t have to spend time after every feeding rinsing bottles.
- Crib Wedge: Um amazing! If your baby will not lay flat on their back, we highly suggest investing in a wedge that can be easily inserted under the crib sheets. These are made for bassinets as well.
- Bluetooth Rock and Play: Turning on the rocking motion or sound from a different room of the house…seriously amazing. This is another item that allows baby to sit/sleep at a slanted position versus being flat on their back.
- Dr. Brown Pitcher: If you are an over supplier these are great so you don’t have to continue putting breastmilk into small bottles. It also works great for formula feeding. Formula can be pre-made and stored in the fridge for 24 hours. This allows you to have your babies bottles made for the day. It also settles the bubbles in the formula, leading to a less fussy baby hopefully!
- On-the-go Sound Machine: We love connecting these to our lil guys car seats. Great to have on the go!
- Classic Moby: This is something we both just discovered. So much better than the Baby Bjorn (which was the in product our first time around.) With having active toddlers, it’s great being hands free while baby is snuggled close to you!
- Nuks: We don’t have a certain brand we recommend, but a bit of advice is to try different sizes and brands. Don’t give up if they won’t take the one you bought or you received for a gift, it’s most likely there is a brand out there that will sooth them. Not everyone likes their babies having nuks, but they are a great tool if your baby likes to suck but isn’t necessarily hungry.
- Nose Frida: This is something that you hopefully won’t need right away when you bring your bundle of joy home, but the first case of the sniffles is inevitable and this little “snot sucker” is a life saver. It may sounds gross, but lets be honest, as moms there really isn’t anything we wouldn’t do to help our child feel better.
- Velcro Swaddles: We know the popular swaddles right now are the Muslin ones. We definitely both have and love them, but who likes to try and fold these in the middle of the night?! The SwaddleMe brand are great as it’s super easy to slide baby right in and velcro!